When a woman developed a terrible pimple next to her eyebrow, she did what most people would do: she burst it. But soon after, she was taken to the hospital in a hurry. Doctors informed her of her error as soon as she arrived, and now she is informing the world about this widespread practice that almost killed her.
Katie Wright is a really beautiful woman, but she also developed a zit like everyone else. Yet, the way she handled this minor imperfection—which she furiously sought to pop—might have rendered her blind or maybe almost killed her.
Given how popular and pleasurable the practice of popping pimples is, Katie decided she had to tell her tale in order to prevent others from making the same error. It turns out, however, that the young woman who loved cosmetics experienced some major health implications as a result of other usual behaviors in addition to popping the pimple.
“I decided to pick at what I thought was a giant under-the-skin pimple because it had been hurting for a while and got too painful to ignore,” Katie recalled on social media. Within an hour, her entire face became painful and swollen, leaving her feeling like something was going to burst out of her skin. So, she went to the emergency room, where she was given some shocking news.“They said it was a very serious case of Cellulitis, which is a version of a Staph infection, but instead of having a head like Staph, it affects deep cellular tissues with no main source to attack,” Katie explained. “Since it was on my face, there was a huge risk of it spreading to my brain or my eyes causing me to go blind,” she added, posting images to show the before and after.
The second photograph Katie provided contains an imperfection that appears to “flip sides,” but no, it is not a fake. Just a photo of her face in the mirror was taken. Nevertheless, I digress.
Katie wanted to expose the origin of the unattractive lesion in addition to cautioning people about the dangers of picking at and popping pimples. She replied, “This was most likely caused by germs getting on my eyebrow pencil brush.
No, it’s not a fake, for those with sharp eyes who observe that the flaw in Katie’s second shot appears to “flip sides.” She was merely photographed in the mirror for one image. So enough about me.
Katie wanted to share what created the unattractive lesion in the first place, as well as caution people about the dangers of picking at and popping pimples. My eyebrow pencil brush picked up some germs, most likely,” she stated.
She said, “I’m really particular about washing my face, beauty blender, and brushes, but I never thought to disinfect my eyebrow spooky. “PLEASE include it in your cleaning regimen if you use makeup!” Katie begged the others to help. “It’s a tiny thing to do to prevent an illness on your face that would be unpleasant, costly, and upsetting.”
In fact, while knowing that it’s wrong to do so, many individuals like popping pimples and the common yet nasty enjoyment that comes with it. The well-known Dr. Pimple Popper has amassed millions of followers just by posting videos that show the frequently uncomfortable outcomes of exactly what her moniker suggests. Yet, because there are significant hazards involved, specialists should manage pimple popping.
The bacteria that causes the blemish can spread to other areas, resulting in a severe infection of the surrounding tissue, as Katie Wright found out. Katie’s wound healed without any lasting effects, but not everyone will be so lucky. And, cases like Katie’s are more common than we might realize, the NY Post reports.
So, don’t forget to remind your own loved ones to not only leave their pimples alone but to also clean their makeup brushes regularly so that they don’t get blemishes, to begin with. Clean your makeup brushes and don’t squeeze pimples — that’s really not asking a lot when you realize this can prevent an infection that could lead to blindness or even death.