Thursday, September 28, 2023
HomeLocal NewsUnbelievable Mishap: Mother Accidentally Glues Eye Shut, Mistaking Nail Glue for Eye...

Unbelievable Mishap: Mother Accidentally Glues Eye Shut, Mistaking Nail Glue for Eye Drops

A mother had a distressing mishap when she accidentally glued her eye shut after mistaking a bottle of nail glue for eye drops. Jennifer Eversole, a Californian mother-of-six, took to TikTok to share her unfortunate experience and self-identified as a total ‘idiot’ for the mistake she made.

In her first video posted last week, Jennifer admitted to her 70.5k followers, “Well, I’ve done it. I have won the award for being the most idiotic person.”

Jennifer explained that she unintentionally applied a few drops of the toxic adhesive directly into her eyes, mistaking the nail glue for her eye drops as both bottles were of the same size and placed adjacent to each other.

While speaking from the hospital, she expressed her frustration, saying, “I had to be brought here by an ambulance, and I can’t really open my other eye because it causes discomfort and itchiness.”

Emotionally distressed, Jennifer sobbed and called herself an ‘idiot’ multiple times. She also expressed her disappointment when the hospital staff confirmed that her situation was quite unique and hadn’t happened before.

The video quickly went viral, accumulating over 4.4 million views. Jennifer has since shared several updates on her eye injury saga, chronicling her recovery process.

In another TikTok, she recounted the moment she realized something was wrong when the glue first entered her eyes. She described the intense burning sensation and quickly shutting her eye, unsure if it was the right thing to do. Although doctors were able to open her eye, Jennifer revealed it still felt sore and scratched.

Jennifer later documented her visit to the ophthalmologist, assuring her followers that her eyesight should return to normal within a few days and that her eye was healing well.

Many were curious about how the mix-up occurred, to which Jennifer explained that she kept her manicure supplies and eye drops on top of her bathroom dresser. Due to her children frequently entering the room and leaving various items there, confusion arose.

Reflecting on her mistake, she acknowledged that she should have put the nail glue away after using it for her daughter’s manicure. Distracted by her conversation with her daughter and preparing for grocery shopping, she inadvertently grabbed the wrong bottle, as both bottles were identical in size.

Jennifer shared side-by-side images of the two bottles, highlighting their uncanny resemblance. Having learned her lesson, she assured her followers that she had discarded the nail glue to prevent any similar accidents in the future. She now plans to use brush-on glue, which has a different form and can be easily distinguished from eye drops.


Replying to @New account #greenscreen lmfaoooo great idea. More like dumb ways to lose an eye. Baaahahaha #fyp #foryou #eyelashes #eyesgluedshut #dumbwaystodie

♬ original sound – Dumb Ways to Die
Moriah Ballard
Moriah Ballard
Moriah Ballard joined the KPRC 2 digital team in the fall of 2021. Prior to becoming a digital content producer in Southeast Texas and a Houstonian, Moriah was an award-winning radio host in her hometown of Lorain, Ohio and previously worked as a producer/content creator in Cleveland. Her faith, family, and community are her top passions.


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

- Advertisment -

Most Popular

Recent Comments