Monday, May 29, 2023
HomeLocal NewsAfter Suffering Severe Burns From An Electric Shock, A Toddler Passes Away....

After Suffering Severe Burns From An Electric Shock, A Toddler Passes Away. All Parents Need To Be Aware Of This Hidden Risk

As reported by, the toddler girl’s mother was sleeping when her daughter began playing with a smartphone charger when the cord’s wire was exposed. After waking up, she became worried that something was not right when she saw that her baby girl wasn’t moving or making any noise.

Only seconds later, she turned the little girl over and realized she wasn’t breathing nor did she feel a pulse. Immediately, she went to the hospital, not before putting her child in a blanket. Sadly, by the time she got to the hospital, it was already too late. Doctors announced that there was nothing they could do for the small child, she was already dead.

They confirmed the child had died from electrocution, with burn marks that were clearly visible on her hand and arm. “The girl started playing with the charging cable,” said a family friend, who has not been named.

“Apparently she put it in her mouth and started chewing it.” It is believed the baby playing with the cable caused it to wear down and become exposed, leading to the child being electrocuted. Her parents want to make everyone aware of this danger so it doesn’t happen to another child.

Another child was also recently injured by a phone charger, The Denver Post reports. Sixteen-month-old Trinity Anderson was hospitalized with third-degree burns after she put an iPod charger into her mouth. The charger was connected to her mom’s laptop, which was plugged into the wall.

There are burned flesh from her tongue, said Jeff Anderson, Trinity’s grandfather. Rhianna Anderson, Trinity’s mom, rushed her daughter to Longmont United Hospital, a block from their home, immediately after the shock. Trinity was then flown to Children’s Hospital where she, as of late Thursday, remained in critical condition.

Rhianna Anderson said Trinity stopped breathing and had to be shocked to bring her heart back to its normal rhythm. The family hopes to be able to take the breathing tube out of Trinity’s throat so they can reduce the sedatives and paralysis medications. At that time, the family says they will learn if she suffered any neurological damage.

While the injury is shocking to many, at least at this time, Anderson wants to warn all parents about leaving any type of electronic where a child can get a hold of it. Many of us leave our electronics out while charging not thinking kids can easily grab the chargers and put them in their mouths. Please share this message so parents are aware of this hidden danger.

Ashlie is a senior reporter for the TosBos News. She covers live and breaking news from 6 am every day. Ashlie joined the M.E.N. in 2019 having previously worked for Cavendish Press news agency.


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

- Advertisment -

Most Popular

Recent Comments